Wednesday, November 17, 2010

question mark

i get a virus and miss my exams. i can't get out of bed. eventually i go to the emergency medical centre. they tell me i have ketones and bilirubin in my urine.

"you haven't been eating," the doctor says. she frowns at me, "how much do you weigh?"

"50 kilos," i say. give or take a few.

no use being truthful. it only makes them worried.

amanda fusses over me, trying to feed me maple walnut ice cream. i have a little, but i don't want anymore.

i don't want to eat. this scares me.

i don't want to relapse.

3 comments:

  1. this sounds haunting...I don't know what to say. It's beautiful but I feel bad saying that about something so bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's sad. :( I'm sorry that you're scared... I really hope you'll be ok. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i don't think i have anything to say that could offer you any comfort, but really i hope that you'll be okay.
    x

    ReplyDelete