Wednesday, November 10, 2010

exams

the samurai are back with their swords that slash me into thousands of pieces. i find it hard to move or talk or breathe. i curl on my bed, make myself as small as possible and wish for it to end.

“it’s just anxiety,” they say. “i feel like being sick too.”

i don’t know. not even your rainbow pills can help me now.

but i have to get up. i have an exam to sit in two hours time. i have to will the monsters not to crawl up my throat, spill out my unwilling mouth.

i have to stop my racing heart, tachycardic beats which get more random by the second.

i have to be strong.

4 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a beautuiful way with words and good luck with your exam :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOD I love your writing...do you wanna do my Imaginative Writing assignments? Just joking...mostly...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! Have you ever taken a creative writing class???

    Anyway... I think that's the perfect way to describe exams!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you - you're all really sweet. :) I would help you on your Imaginative Writing assignments if I could Frodette! Honestly, if you need help then you know where to find me.

    And no, I've never taken a creative writing class. Instead I chose to do science at university. It's ironic. I'd love to try writing professionally one day, but we'll see how it goes. :)

    Kisses to you all.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete