Sunday, September 19, 2010

september days

it is windy. so windy that i am almost blown over on my way out of the church. i put my head down, curl myself inwards and will my feet to stay on the ground.

i remember a day like this, 4, 5 years ago. we went to the lake with our coats on, held hands and spun in circles until we were giddy and out of breath.

that was before the wind blew us all to separate corners of the world, before the ghosts with their silent silvery voices crept inside of me.

i miss that time.

now my parents argue, my brother hides himself in a fantasy land, i cry and starve myself.

i hate this month.

wake me up when september ends.

7 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning just like all of your other lovely poetry. You are truly a talented writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. What a lovely thing to say. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserved it. I only recently found your blog but I love your writing. It is absolutely exquisite. It literally takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very kind. Do you have a blog?
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, I'm only kind because you deserve the compliments.
    I don't have a blog. I might start one, one of these days, though the writing would never compare to yours.
    You are on Pretty Thin, correct? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I'd love to read it if you ever did decide to write one. (:
    And yes, I am on Pretty Thin. My username is wintergirl (although there are several wintergirls on there - I'm the one who says her location is Dangerland). Look me up if you have time.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, thank you. I'll be sure to tell you if I ever write one. ^.^
    Of course I'll look you up. I'm actually going to go look you up right after I type this. I was wondering because I was certain I saw you around.
    <3 =3

    ReplyDelete