Saturday, January 22, 2011

heart

you carefully remove the glass top of my heart. "can you fix it?" i say.

you don't answer, just reach inside and plant asiatic lilies so that whenever i see them i'll think of you. you start to sing.

you save a place in my heart in a white walled room. there are bay windows and the smell of the ocean and if the sky is clear you could see for a hundred miles. you say you'll come back.

and your name is written in silver paint on the walls, in the walls, through the walls.

careful. tiptoe. don't break it.

5 comments:

  1. You're lovely :)
    And your writing is as beautiful as ever. Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is beautiful, really quite nice to read. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an amazing talent for writing hun, thanx for the post on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. That third paragraph literally made my breath catch in my throat. So vivid and perfect--it brought me back to a place I thought I had forgotten, and not at all in a bad way. <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete